Wilmington Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian Accidents in North Carolina
Pedestrian accidents tend to result in some of the most catastrophic injuries. Because a person is no match for a large, multi-ton vehicle, pedestrians are the ones who sustain the more severe injuries in these types of collisions. As a result, they also typically face numerous physical, emotional, and financial challenges in the wake of the accident.
If you were injured after being hit by a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or any other vehicle, David & Associates, Attorneys at Law, PLLC can help you get back on your feet. You deserve justice, as well as financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our Wilmington pedestrian accident lawyers are prepared to fight for every penny you are owed so that you can obtain proper medical care, manage daily expenses while out of work, and begin the process of healing and moving forward with your life.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The first thing you should do after being involved in a pedestrian accident is seek medical attention. If you or anyone else has severe injuries, call 911 and wait for paramedics to arrive. If you suffered moderate or mild injuries—or if you believe you were not injured at all—see a doctor as soon as possible. You could have underlying trauma that can be difficult to detect in the immediate aftermath of the accident. Always seek professional medical attention after any accident so that you can receive a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Additionally, if possible, try to do the following after the accident:
- Get the name, insurance information, and contact information of the other people involved in the accident
- Call local law enforcement, have them come out to the scene of the accident, and file an official police report
- Talk to any witnesses who saw what happened and get their name and contact information, as well as a brief statement
- Document the accident and your injuries by using your smartphone to take pictures of the scene and any visible injuries you have sustained
- Contact a personal injury attorney who has experience handling pedestrian accident claims and who can help you understand your legal rights and options
After the accident, you may be able to recover compensation by filing a claim with your own auto insurance provider. You may also be entitled to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver or another negligent party. Our Wilmington pedestrian accident attorneys can help you determine the best course of action based on your unique circumstances.
What Damages Are Available in Pedestrian Accident Cases?
Because pedestrian accidents often result in severe, life-altering injuries, victims understandably want to know what their case may be worth. While it is impossible to determine the potential value of your claim without first going over the specifics of your situation, there are some types of damages you may be able to recover.
Many pedestrian accident victims are able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Ongoing and future medical care
- Lost income, wages, and other benefits
- Lost or reduced quality of life
- Lost future earnings and lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress
- Disfigurement and inconvenience
Additionally, if your loved one died in a pedestrian accident or shortly thereafter due to their injuries, our team can help you bring a wrongful death claim and seek compensation for damages such as medical costs, funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of love, companionship, guidance, and counsel.
We Are Available 24/7 to Assist You
After a serious accident, you need a legal team you can rely on. At David & Associates, Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we provide our clients with personalized attention and consistent communication. Throughout the legal process, we will keep you informed of everything that happens with your case, as well as your various options.
With over 100 years of combined legal experience and more than 50,000 cases handled, our attorneys have an incredible wealth of knowledge when it comes to pursuing fair compensation after a pedestrian accident. We are ready to fight tirelessly to hold the negligent party accountable, even if that means taking your case to trial.