More Than 136 Years of Combined Experience

Common Car Accidents Questions

Below you will find answers to many of the most common questions we receive in the aftermath of a car accident. Don’t see what you’re looking for? The attorneys of David & Associates, Attorneys at Law, PLLC are ready to help you get the answers you need and maximize your compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost earnings.

What do I do after a car accident?

First, make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Then, make sure you have legal representation from a lawyer you can rely on.

How can I get medical treatment?

If you have suffered an injury, it is crucial to get medical treatment as soon as possible so you can get better and your injuries can be documented. You can use your own health insurance, as you will eventually be reimbursed as part of your personal injury settlement or jury award. If you do not have health insurance, we can work with providers on your behalf to get the treatment you need and seek reimbursement through the at-fault driver’s auto insurance. Bottom line: There are multiple ways to get treatment and we will make sure all necessary options are explored.

What about the damage to my car?

If you have been looking to the web for answers to your questions after a car accident, you have probably noticed that most of the information deals with injuries and obtaining the necessary resources to cover medical treatment costs. This makes sense because your health is the most important thing, but it is important to understand your rights when it comes to your car and your property damage. At David & Associates, Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we will make sure you are compensated for the property damage you have sustained and make sure you have the transportation you need while your case is ongoing. In fact, we provide same-day rental car assistance and assistance with your damaged vehicle in addition to your free consultation.

How much is my case worth?

Good question. A personal injury case is about more than money, but money is what you need to pay your bills and get the help you and your family need. The value of your case will hinge largely on the specific injuries you have suffered and what the long-term costs are. We will thoroughly document your injuries and make sure you have the resources you need well into the future to cover your needs, including ongoing rehabilitation, home modification, and future lost earnings.

Do I have to deal with the insurance company?

No one likes having to deal with insurance companies. They make money by denying claims and are in no mood to hand out money. We don’t like dealing with them either, but we are very good at it and will be your strongest advocate as we pursue the recovery you are entitled to receive. Leave the insurance issues to us and focus on getting better.

What about the accident report?

Getting hold of the accident report can be difficult, especially when you have so much going on in the commotion following an accident. We can take care of this for you quickly and begin building a strong case for obtaining the maximum compensation.