More Than 136 Years of Combined Experience

What Happens If My Claim Is Denied?

On Behalf of | Oct 12, 2021 | Workers' Compensation

When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you go through insurance companies. Insurance companies focus on profits instead of people, especially when it requires them to pay out large amounts of money to settle your injury claim.

Because insurance companies focus heavily on protecting profits, they often deny claims when they shouldn’t. Unfortunately, so many claimants look at claim denial and consider it the final word. Before you accept the denial, know that you can file an appeal to seek the outcome you deserve.

Get a Lawyer to Help You

Before you attempt another go at your claim, be sure to speak with a lawyer about your options. In many situations, a denial occurs because of minor errors within the paperwork. A lawyer can help you prepare your documentation correctly and accurately, using extensive evidence to help improve your case.

If the insurance company attempts to use devious tactics against you to try and deny your claim, a lawyer can help combat them. Working with legal counsel helps safeguard your rights while putting together the necessary evidence to improve your chances of obtaining a more favorable result.

Claim Denials Can Be Cause for Concern – Don’t Panic

If you receive a denial from the insurance company, it’s easy to lose hope in your claim. Before you do, though, don’t panic. You can discuss the details of your case with a lawyer and learn the most effective ways to move forward favorably. You should also avoid accepting low settlements from insurance adjusters who are not looking out for your best interests.

At David & Associates, Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we know you have needs after a workplace injury. You never want to go through any concerning issue alone. Our Wilmington workers’ compensation attorneys are here to help guide you through the entire process, helping you understand your rights and pursuing the compensation you deserve.

Call our firm today at 910-208-0535 and get the representation you need!